Sunday, March 28, 2010

Chemotherapy

Hello again!! I cannot begin to tell you all how much the prayers and encouragement have carried my family through this difficult time! I am sooo pleased to say that mom is doing sooo great right now. In fact, Dr. King said she is the best Whipple (which is the name of the surgery) he has seen in 10 years!! When we were at the doctor on Friday, her first question was when could she start lifting weights and working out with her trainer again...LOL! Afterall, it was her good condition that helped her heal so quickly. Though she is still in the midst of a long recovery, she is able to get out and do things she would normally do...not TOO much though! We have already started back with all the wedding planning, and she has been adamant about helping me with everything. She loves stuff like this, so I figured as long as it doesn't get too stressful she could do her MOB(mother of bride) thing! =) I believe I stated in an earlier blog that she would be starting chemo in a few months...well, I was wrong. She goes in this Tuesday(3/30) to get her portacath put in and starts chemo the next Tuesday(4/6). She will have 2 weeks on and 1 week off over a period of 3 months. This just means that she will have the chemo 2 weeks straight, then take a week off. This is good in case it makes her sick or fatigued. It is supposed to be a milder chemo that doesn't cause as many of the "typical" chemotherapy effects. I will try and keep the chemo news updated, but im sure she will be able to type out her own thoughts and updates about it all. Thanks again for all the prayers, letters, FOOD...everything!! Everyone has been so great to my family and we appreciate it all so much!!

"Rejoice in the Lord always: and again I say, Rejoice" Philippians 4:4

1 comment:

  1. So good to hear your mom is feeling better! Will continue to pray as she begins chemo.

    ReplyDelete